Constantin Flondor (b. 1936) studied painting at the “Nicolae Grigorescu” Institute in Bucharest, and became of teacher at the Timișoara Fine Arts High School in 1962. Starting in 1991, he has been a university professor at the Faculty of Fine Arts in Timișoara, and is invited, as a professor, at the Sommermalakademie Beratzhausen in Germany. He becomes a co-founder of the 111 group (in 1966), of the Sigma group (in 1969) and of the Prolog group (in 1985).
Selected exhibitions: 2 x 80: MEGERT x FLONDOR, Jecza Gallery, Timișoara (2016); Das Wohltemperierte Barock, DIEHL, Berlin (2015, solo); Snowflakes, Jecza Gallery, Timișoara (2014, solo); Constantin Flondor, Volker Diehl Gallery, Berlin, Germany (2013, solo); If A DandeLION Could Talk / SIGMA 1, Gervasuti Foundation, Venice (2013); Sifting, BARIL, Cluj-Napoca (2012, solo); Social Cooking Romania, NGBK Berlin (2007); Una Bisanzio Latina, Rome (1999); Mail Art im Internationalen Netzwerk Osteuropa, Staatliches Museum Schwerin (1996); Romanian Art Today, Richard Demarco Gallery, Edinburgh (1971); the Nürnberg Constructivist Biennial (1969); Constructivist Art, Sonja Henje Gallery, Oslo (1969); Kalinderu Hall, Bucharest (1968); Decorative Art Triennial, Milan (1968).
Constantin Flondor, Interstitial Tensions, 1968, tempera, board, rippled glass, 65 x 65 x 8 cm